Join our Emmy award winning team
Unlimi-Tech Software the recipient of 66th technical Emmy award and maker of FileCatalyst, is the emerging leader in accelerated file transfer technology. With over 900 satisfied clients worldwide we have transferred virtually any type of file on all continents (including Antarctica). We are a growing team based in Ottawa where all positions are based. We offer a competitive salary along with a comprehensive health benefits package and other perks such as free access to the gym, public transit credit and an education credit. We have exciting career opportunities for the right people. We promote an exciting work environment and encourage creativity. We offer great potential for advancement, and a chance to work in an exciting and very dynamic environment.
Successful candidates must either live in, or be willing to relocate to the Ottawa region. Although we welcome out of town candidates, we do not cover the costs of relocation. Positions are open to Canadian residents only.
Software Sales Engineer
About the Position
As the Sales Solution Engineer, you are the technical driving force that connects the Sales Team and Engineering. You will not just interface with prospects and existing customers, but will guide the effort to develop and configure the technical solutions that maximize our COTS software products that meet client needs.
Serving as an advisor to the Sales Team and Delivery during implementations of our product your contribution will affect the ultimate implementation success beyond the sale. Your efforts will be recognized directly for their results and you will be compensated accordingly.
Primary Objectives & Responsibilities
- Provide technical expertise and support to full cycle sales process;
- Assist in responding to RFPs and sales activities by providing technical expertise, leadership, and support;
- Assist in the development of SOWs, including solution sizing and cost estimation;
- Interpret technical requirements to design solutions around the FileCatalyst products that address the requirements;
- Provide remote assistance to new and potential customers using GoToMeeting or TeamViewer;
- Assist new customers with their initial implementation of FileCatalyst products;
- Ensure proper documentation for a smooth transition of new customers to the customer support team;
- Configure solution demonstrations and prototypes that specifically address customer business problems;
- Identify and remove solution obstacles and gaps that could prevent the sale;
- Work within our existing procedures: support tickets, Bugzilla and technical staff meetings
Required Skill Set
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a related field, including 3 years of practical programming experience;
- Post-Secondary education or related professional experience;
- Experience designing and demonstrating complex software solutions for large enterprises;
- Cross-platform experience (Windows Server, Linux, Mac OS, Solaris);
- Excellent computer networking knowledge (TCP/IP, FTP, SFTP, HTTP, Firewalls and CIFS);
- Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English (other languages are a definite asset);
- Excellent customer service and presentation skills with a strong problem-solving skills;
- Strong analytical approach to problem-solving;
- Ability to travel to the US and Europe and must have all the required travel documents (Visas or Passport);
Additional Skill Set
- Previous experience working for a small/medium software development firm;
- Knowledge of SQL programming, Java Servlets, RESTful services and XML;
- Knowledge of web and FTP servers, Apache, Tomcat, IIS, Filezilla;
Details for Applicants
Term: Full Time Permanent (37.5 hours per week, shift work)
Salary: TBD; in accordance to experience
Benefits:Dental, life, medical, prescription benefits, free gym membership
Location:205-1725 St-Laurent Blvd. Ottawa, Ontario
How to Apply
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!If you meet the requirements listed above, please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com with the subject line "Software Sales Engineer". Only those applicants considered will be contacted for an interview.